Friday, October 2, 2009

So many updates!

Wow I have a lot to talk about since it has been so long since I have blogged!  

Tuesday:  Tuesday was spent planning alot for the retreat for Holf Redeemer 8th grade.  My group really wanted to put on a powerful skit and perform it the next day but nothing seemed to be working out.  We took a break from planning because tuesday nights are family dinner nights and also it was the feast day of the Archangels which we celebrated to the fullest with cupcakes and balloons!  I also cooked Swiss Chicken for about 12 people and it turned out sooooo good and everyone loved it!!!  Anyways we had the celebration and asked Fr. John Welch, who was in town for the week, to say a blessing over us so that all would go well.  We went back to the lodge to practice and the skit came together in about five minutes!!!  God is soooo good!

Wednesday:  Holy Redeemer arrived around 10:30 for the retreat to begin.  For those of you I was not able to tell, I was the host for the whole three days.  I wasnt nervous about it but I really had no idea what to say but the Holy Spirit just poured through me and He had a lot to say ha ha.  Our them for the retreat was Mission Possible...Gospel of Mark "All things through God our possible"  For our entrance we were all dressed in all black and hiding in random places all around the room.  We set of a zipline in the main lodge for us to make real secret agent entrances as we as two people belayed from the ceiling, one floating down like Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible!!  It was really cool.  I also gave my talk later that day and it went really well.  It was the first time I probably ever left a talk not wishing I had remembered to say something.  Praise God!  '

During all this I was trying to keep my phone near or around me so that I could know when Little Greg arrived!!!  He arrived right as I was giving a talk all about God's Love and wow what could be more of God's love then a new born baby!!!  Congrats Greg and Alyshia...he is beautiful and I cant believe he is finally here!!!  Makes me even more excited to see my new niece or nephew!!!

Thursday:  Retreat continued...We had mass ourside and the kids really enjoyed that a lot.  These kids were just awesome and really opened to just letting us shower them with Gods love.  Before the retreat even began, my team prayed a lot about what our focus should be about.  In our prayers many of us were revealed to that we needed to Build up their relationships with God and their families.  These boys and girls were just so open to letting us pray over them and help them through their brokenness!  God works wonders and I truly love being able to be a witness to it everyday! It was really funny because when we were offering confession EVERY kid went running to get in line and I mean literally running towards Mike's Place porch to talk to the priest!  They were being greedy for the sacraments which is so AWESOME! We also had adoration that night and it was many of their first times...but WOW  God was good...Fr. John placed his hands on the monstrance so the kids could come up and touch it...they all did and you could just see some of them shaking and crying and being so thankful to touch Jesus!  

I was also able to FINALLY talk to Kara after being here for almost three weeks!!!  She truly knows what it is to feel Gods love and what it means to yearn for it too...so it was really nice to be able to talk to someone who has always been a huge support of my walk with Jesus!

Friday:  Everyday we as missionaries have a holy hour at 7:15, then morning prayer (about thirty minutes) and then we go eat breakfast but today we were going to have mass after morning prayer....we invited the kids to come if they wanted to.  A lot of them showed up for holy hour and prayer but they were all there for MASS!!!  And it was a beautiful mass...our singing rang from every corner of that chapel out to the whole camp!!!  I loved it!  We also prayed over every child in our small groups about whatever they needed prayers for.  Please Please Please pray for families all over!!!  That they can find and put Christ at the center of their families!  So many of these kids have families  that are troubled and could really use some prayers to remember the Holy families model!!!  The kids were able to share about themselves and how God moved them this weekend...and I was in tears!  PRAISE HIM!!  You can never put a limit on Gods might!!!  I was actually really sad to see them go today!  But I pray that they will do wonderful and glorious things through Christ when they get home!

Because the last week has been crazy stressful my team is getting a desert day tomorrow.  Basically its a personal silent retreat day.  Just me, my journal, my Bible, and God all day tomorrow!!!  I am Sooooooooooo excited!  I have really needed some personal time since we are always running around crazy!!!

Good songs:  We had a girls session this week and we played this song for them "Why?" by Nicole Nordeman (sp?)  watch a video on youtube while listening to it!  Its really powerful

Our skit was to a song "Youre not alone" by Meredith Andrews...also very beautiful.
Anyways I think it is about time for evening prayer and movie night tonight!!!

Love always and Gods Blessings
Kaitlin
Phil 1:21

1 comment:

  1. I so wanted to answer your phone call this morning! Too early though.

    I hope all is well in Tiger & Covecrest! I love reading this & hope God is guiding you to closer to Him in every moment!

    Love & miss you,

    TOM

    Ephesians 5:1 - "Imitate Christ."

    ReplyDelete